Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I loveth-

Alright, here we go. Instead of a full blown thesis on yours truly, I feel a simple "I enjoy" list will be enough.

I enjoy:
Riding my road bike.

Feeling like I have an agenda. (Which sadly, I don't)

Telling people I have an agenda. (which I do way too much)

Discovering new music. Old music is fun, but something about discovering new music is fantastic. (Sufjan Stevens is one of these examples, I recommend him greatly)

Apple products. I know they are unreliable and sometimes even problematic, but something about the sleek, new feel that they give is awesome. As a matter of fact, just recently I dreamt I owned a Mac. Surprisingly, it was a pretty awesome dream.

My dog. My dog is my Idol. Don't try to take that position, it is taken for life.

Open-World games. Red Dead Redemption, Fallout, Mafia 2, GTA, all of it.

WoW. I love this game to death. Recently I quit due to time constraints and the fact that Cata was no longer fun for me. I really hope it gets back on track, I'm starting to go into withdrawal.

Playing music. I play Mallet percussion (three years) Classical guitar (five years) and Cello (half a year). Now I'm not as good as the amount of time I have played, but I enjoy every ounce of what I can do. This may be a future blogging subject.

Blogging! I have not been doing it for long, but I have enjoyed it so far. I have a feeling that I will be blogging here for a while.

Facebook. I won't give out my FB just yet, but I am truly addicted. Its scary.

Essays. Writing essays are something that not many people enjoy, but if you give me a topic, I will write the hell out of it. (maybe not well, but its still fun) I won't post any on here unless people ask, mostly because thats not the main topic of this blog.

Windows XP. This is by far my favorite windows OS. I have used XP, Vista, and 7, but XP is still my favorite. Its not flashy, easy to use, fast, and doesn't pester you with "Sign up to this now!" and "Spend time updating for half a day just to use this Notebook!"

Ubuntu. My favorite all-time OS, I do not own it, but sometime this summer I will be getting it along with many PC upgrades. :D Looking forward to that.

Fantasy and Sci-Fi books. I despise cheesy Sci-Fi and Fantasy, but I love the unique, technological aspects of other types. Like Orwell, Adrian Tchikovsky, Turtledove, King, D.J McHale, Orson Scott Card, and others.

This is about as much as I feel will give you an idea of my interests. To get to know me on a more personal level, I hope my more opinionated Blog posts will do that. Of course there are probably things that I missed, but hey, you can't do everything.