Thursday, May 26, 2011

Section 8: Prejudice!

Section 8 Prejudice's Site


Last night I bought this game. It was released about a month ago by TimeGate Studios, moving form a retail to a budget title. It is the follow-up to Section 8, a FPS that released with a lot promised but not much actually going for it. This one almost seems to gain popularity on the previous ones failure, fixing all of the problems introduced in the first one. The campaign is longer and more detailed, the multiplayer more fully-fleshed and enjoyable. Now I have only played around an hour of this game, but from what I have seen so far it is great. It seems to combine Battlefield and Brink, objective-based team-play and large scale battles and vehicles.

You can definitely expect a full review of this game once I have gotten way more time into it.

Also, one nice part I noticed is that while there are already multiple game modes, the small developer company is really trying to keep releasing more game modes in the future. That is a great thing to see among developers, also quite a rare thing. I'm feeling pumped about this!